Our Current Facility

1871 - 1996
Looking to the Past

 
The old St. Francois County Jail, built for $11,000 in 1871, was in poor repair, unsanitary and had outdated security devices, locks, etc.
 
The administrative area of our current facility, built in 1938 by the WPA as a dairy barn for State Hospital No 4, was remodeled in 1996.
 
Return to Detention Facility Page Return to Department History Page